Ideas and Applications
Editeur: John Wiley & Sons
A comprehensive introduction, Linear Algebra: Ideas and Applications, Fourth Edition provides a discussion of the theory and applications of linear algebra that blends abstract and computational concepts. With a focus on the development of mathematical intuition, the book emphasizes the need to understand both the applications of a particular technique and the mathematical ideas underlying the technique.
The book introduces each new concept in the context of an explicit numerical example, which allows the abstract concepts to grow organically out of the necessity to solve specific problems. The intuitive discussions are consistently followed by rigorous statements of results and proofs.
Linear Algebra: Ideas and Applications, Fourth Edition also features:
- Two new and independent sections on the rapidly developing subject of wavelets
- A thoroughly updated section on electrical circuit theory
- Illuminating applications of linear algebra with self-study questions for additional study
- End-of-chapter summaries and sections with true-false questions to aid readers with further comprehension of the presented material
- Numerous computer exercises throughout using MATLAB code
Linear Algebra: Ideas and Applications, Fourth Edition is an excellent undergraduate-level textbook for one or two semester courses for students majoring in mathematics, science, computer science, and engineering. With an emphasis on intuition development, the book is also an ideal self-study reference.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours