Editeur: Packt Publishing
Edition n°: 2
Create powerful automations with Gulp to improve the efficiency of your web project workflow
About This Book
- Gain a solid understanding of Gulp and write your own custom tasks from scratch
- Discover ways to add additional functionality to improve your tasks
- Get up-and-running with new features added to the latest version of Gulp
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- How to use a command-line interface.
- Learn about Gulp, Node.js, and npm and how they work together.
- Create a Gulpfile from scratch and implement it into a project.
- Write basic tasks that will concatenate, minify, compress, and pre-process your files.
This book is a hands-on guide to get you up to speed with gulp. You will quickly learn how to install, configure, and run your own build system. It will instill you with the ability to automate several common development tasks to vastly improve your development workflow. This book first demonstrates various Gulp use cases before running through the steps of configuring, running, and customizing Gulp, providing you with core concepts of gulp, node.js, and npm. Diving a bit deeper into the gulp ecosystem, we will discuss when and why to use a node module instead of a gulp plugin. We will also go over a few issues that we can run into while using gulp and learn about ways to work around them to improve your gulp experience.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create your very own gulp build from scratch, create and maintain tasks and project builds, and automate your workflow with plugins and custom tasks.
Style and approach
A step-by-step guide to help you get started with the latest features
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours