Editeur: Packt Publishing
Viktor Farcic's latest book, The DevOps 2.1 Toolkit: Docker Swarm, shows you how to successfully integrate Docker Swarm into your DevOps toolset.
About This Book
- Expand your DevOps Toolkit with the DevOps thought leader, Viktor Farcic
- Build, test, deploy, and monitor services inside Docker Swarm clusters
- Translate your understanding to different hosting providers like AWS, Azure, and DigitalOcean
- Go beyond simple deployment to explore how to create a continuous deployment process
- Extend the deep understanding you gained from Viktor's DevOps 2.0 Toolkit book
Who This Book Is For
This book is for professionals interested in the full microservices life cycle combined with continuous deployment and containers. Target audience could be architects who want to know how to design their systems around microservices. It could be DevOps wanting to know how to apply modern configuration management practices and continuously deploy applications packed in containers. It is for developers who would like to take the process back into their hands as well as for managers who would like to gain a better understanding of the process used to deliver software from the beginning to the end. This book is for everyone wanting to know more about the software development life cycle starting from requirements and design, through the development and testing all the way until deployment and post-deployment phases. We'll create the processes taking into account the best practices developed by and for some of the biggest companies.
What You Will Learn
- Learn all aspects of Docker Swarm from building, testing, deploying, and monitoring services inside Docker Swarm clusters, available since Docker 1.12.
- Master the deeper logic of DevOps with Viktor, so that you can successfully apply that logic across any specific set of tools you're working with.
- Translate a deep understanding to different hosting providers like AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean, among others.
- You'll go beyond simple deployment: you will explore with Viktor how to create a continuous deployment process. Accomplish zero-downtime deployments, and what to do in case of a failover.
- Know how to run services at scale, how to monitor the systems, and how to make it heal itself.
Viktor Farcic's latest book, The DevOps 2.1 Toolkit: Docker Swarm, takes you deeper into one of the major subjects of his international best seller, The DevOps 2.0 Toolkit, and shows you how to successfully integrate Docker Swarm into your DevOps toolset.
Viktor shares with you his expert knowledge in all aspects of building, testing, deploying, and monitoring services inside Docker Swarm clusters. You'll go through all the tools required for running a cluster. You'll travel through the whole process with clusters running locally on a laptop. Once you're confident with that outcome, Viktor shows you how to translate your experience to different hosting providers like AWS, Azure, and DigitalOcean.
Viktor has updated his DevOps 2.0 framework in this book to use the latest and greatest features and techniques introduced in Docker. We'll go through many practices and even more tools. While there will be a lot of theory, this is a hands-on book. You won't be able to complete it by reading it on the metro on your way to work. You'll have to read this book while in front of the computer and get your hands dirty.
Style and approach
We'll go through many practices and even more tools. While there will be a lot of theory, this is a hands-on book. You'll have to read this book while in front of the computer and get your hands dirty. The goal is not to master one particular set of tools, but to learn the logic behind them so that you can apply it to your job in various contexts.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours