Editeur: Packt Publishing
Master the art of container management utilizing the power of Kubernetes.
About This Book
- This practical guide demystifies Kubernetes and ensures that your clusters are always available, scalable, and up to date
- Discover new features such as autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and cluster size
- Master the skills of designing and deploying large clusters on various cloud platforms
Who This Book Is For
The book is for system administrators and developers who have intermediate level of knowledge with Kubernetes and are now waiting to master its advanced features. You should also have basic networking knowledge. This advanced-level book provides a pathway to master Kubernetes.
What You Will Learn
- Architect a robust Kubernetes cluster for long-time operation
- Discover the advantages of running Kubernetes on GCE, AWS, Azure, and bare metal
- See the identity model of Kubernetes and options for cluster federation
- Monitor and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters and run a highly available Kubernetes
- Create and configure custom Kubernetes resources and use third-party resources in your automation workflows
- Discover the art of running complex stateful applications in your container environment
- Deliver applications as standard packages
Kubernetes is an open source system to automate the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. If you are running more than just a few containers or want automated management of your containers, you need Kubernetes.
This book mainly focuses on the advanced management of Kubernetes clusters. It covers problems that arise when you start using container orchestration in production. We start by giving you an overview of the guiding principles in Kubernetes design and show you the best practises in the fields of security, high availability, and cluster federation.
You will discover how to run complex stateful microservices on Kubernetes including advanced features as horizontal pod autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and persistent storage back ends. Using real-world use cases, we explain the options for network configuration and provides guidelines on how to set up, operate, and troubleshoot various Kubernetes networking plugins. Finally, we cover custom resource development and utilization in automation and maintenance workflows.
By the end of this book, you'll know everything you need to know to go from intermediate to advanced level.
Style and approach
Delving into the design of the Kubernetes platform, the reader will be exposed to the advanced features and best practices of Kubernetes. This book will be an advanced level book which will provide a pathway to master Kubernetes
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours