Auteur: Mishra, Piyush
Editeur: Packt Publishing
Learn how to use the Akka framework to build effective applications in Scala
About This Book
- Covers a discussion on Lagom—the newest launched Akka framework that is built to create complex microservices easily
- The recipe approach of the book allows the reader to know important and independent concepts of Scala and Akka in a seamless manner
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of the Akka actor model and implementing it to create reactive web applications
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Scala developer who wants to build scalable and concurrent applications, then this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Akka will help you take advantage of this book.
What You Will Learn
- Control an actor using the ContolAware mailbox
- Test a fault-tolerant application using the Akka test kit
- Create a parallel application using futures and agents
- Package and deploy Akka application inside Docker
- Deploy remote actors programmatically on different nodes
- Integrate Streams with Akka actors
- Install Lagom and create a Lagom project
Akka is an open source toolkit that simplifies the construction of distributed and concurrent applications on the JVM. This book will teach you how to develop reactive applications in Scala using the Akka framework.
This book will show you how to build concurrent, scalable, and reactive applications in Akka. You will see how to create high performance applications, extend applications, build microservices with Lagom, and more.
We will explore Akka's actor model and show you how to incorporate concurrency into your applications. The book puts a special emphasis on performance improvement and how to make an application available for users. We also make a special mention of message routing and construction.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create a high-performing Scala application using the Akka framework.
Style and approach
This highly practical recipe-based approach will allow you to build scalable, robust, and reactive applications using the Akka framework.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours