Editeur: Packt Publishing
Master the capabilities of PostgreSQL 9.6 to efficiently manage and maintain your database
About This Book
- Your one-stop guide to mastering the advanced concepts in PostgreSQL with ease
- Master query optimization, replication, and high availability with PostgreSQL
- Extend the functionalities of PostgreSQL to suit your organizational needs with minimum effort
Who This Book Is For
If you are a PostgreSQL data architect or an administrator who wants to understand how to implement advanced functionalities and master complex administrative tasks with PostgreSQL, then this book is perfect for you. Prior experience of administrating a PostgreSQL database and a working knowledge of SQL is required to make the best use of this book.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the advanced features of PostgreSQL 9.6 and handle advanced SQL
- Make use of the indexing features in PostgreSQL and fine-tune the performance of your queries
- Work with the stored procedures and manage backup and recovery
- Master the replication and failover techniques
- Troubleshoot your PostgreSQL instance for solutions to the common and not-so-common problems
- Learn how to migrate your database from MySQL and Oracle to PostgreSQL without any hassle
PostgreSQL is an open source database used for handling large datasets (Big Data) and as a JSON document database. It also has applications in the software and web domains. This book will enable you to build better PostgreSQL applications and administer databases more efficiently.
We begin by explaining the advanced database design concepts in PostgreSQL 9.6, along with indexing and query optimization. You will also see how to work with event triggers and perform concurrent transactions and table partitioning, along with exploring SQL and server tuning. We will walk you through implementing advanced administrative tasks such as server maintenance and monitoring, replication, recovery and high availability, and much more. You will understand the common and not-so-common troubleshooting problems and how you can overcome them.
By the end of this book, you will have an expert-level command of the advanced database functionalities and will be able to implement advanced administrative tasks with PostgreSQL.
Style and Approach
This book is a comprehensive guide covering all the concepts you need to master PostgreSQL. Packed with hands-on examples, tips and tricks, even the most advanced concepts are explained in a very easy-to-follow manner. Every chapter in the book does not only focus on how each task is performed, but also why.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours