Editeur: Packt Publishing
Gain the edge with SDN, NFV, network virtualization, and networking on clouds
About This Book
- Navigate through the complexities of delivering modern networking services with practical techniques and solutions
- Build robust software defined networks and solve real-world problems involving challenges with next generation networks
- Discover the best practices used by top industry professionals for network-related architecture, services, and applications and secure your networks
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Network Engineers and Network Administrators who are taking their first steps when deploying software-defined networks. Network Architects will also find this book useful when designing and building modern networks.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Traditional Network Challenges to match modern applications requirements
- Find out all about Next Generation Networks (NGN)
- Explore the different APIs used to control NGN devices
- Understand the different software controllers available to manage NGN hardware
- Design a next generation network
As IT infrastructures become more software-defined, networking operations tend to be more automated with falling levels of manual configuration at the hardware level. Building Modern Networks will brush up your knowledge on the modern networking concepts and help you apply them to your software-defined infrastructure.
In this book you'll gain the knowledge necessary to evaluate, choose, and deploy a next generation network design. We will cover open and closed network operating systems (NOS) along with the protocols used to control them such as OpenFlow, Thrift, Opflex, and REST. You will also learn about traffic engineering and security concepts for NGNs. You will also find out how to fine-tune your network using QoS and QoE.
By the end of the book, you'll be well versed in simplifying the way you design, build, operate, and troubleshoot your network.
Style and Approach
This practical tutorial shows you real-world solutions to design and build network services through cutting edge research.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours