Auteur: Nayak, Amol
Editeur: Packt Publishing
Harness the latest features of MongoDB 3 with this collection of 80 recipes – from managing cloud platforms to app development, this book is a vital resource
About This Book
- Get to grips with the latest features of MongoDB 3
- Interact with the MongoDB server and perform a wide range of query operations from the shell
- From administration to automation, this cookbook keeps you up to date with the world's leading NoSQL database
Who This Book Is For
This book is engineered for anyone who is interested in managing data in an easy and efficient way using MongoDB. You do not need any prior knowledge of MongoDB, but it would be helpful if you have some programming experience in either Java or Python.
What You Will Learn
- Install, configure, and administer MongoDB sharded clusters and replica sets
- Begin writing applications using MongoDB in Java and Python languages
- Initialize the server in three different modes with various configurations
- Perform cloud deployment and introduce PaaS for Mongo
- Discover frameworks and products built to improve developer productivity using Mongo
- Take an in-depth look at the Mongo programming driver APIs in Java and Python
- Set up enterprise class monitoring and backups of MongoDB
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that forms the backbone of the systems that power many different organizations – it's easy to see why it's the most popular NoSQL database on the market. Packed with many features that have become essential for many different types of software professionals and incredibly easy to use, this cookbook contains many solutions to the everyday challenges of MongoDB, as well as guidance on effective techniques to extend your skills and capabilities.
This book starts with how to initialize the server in three different modes with various configurations. You will then be introduced to programming language drivers in both Java and Python. A new feature in MongoDB 3 is that you can connect to a single node using Python, set to make MongoDB even more popular with anyone working with Python. You will then learn a range of further topics including advanced query operations, monitoring and backup using MMS, as well as some very useful administration recipes including SCRAM-SHA-1 Authentication. Beyond that, you will also find recipes on cloud deployment, including guidance on how to work with Docker containers alongside MongoDB, integrating the database with Hadoop, and tips for improving developer productivity.
Created as both an accessible tutorial and an easy to use resource, on hand whenever you need to solve a problem, MongoDB Cookbook will help you handle everything from administration to automation with MongoDB more effectively than ever before.
Style and approach
Every recipe is explained in a very simple set-by-step manner yet is extremely comprehensive.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours