Editeur: Packt Publishing
Create powerful applications with the most robust open source web mapping library using this advanced guide
About This Book
- Develop responsive and platform-independent web mapping applications with OpenLayers 3
- Master the use of the library, from compiling custom builds to developing a complete WebGIS application
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Use the advanced functionality of the OpenLayers 3 library effectively
- Implement the library in your application, shaping it to your needs
- Manage layers and the layer stack dynamically
- Create not only stunning but also accurate thematic maps
- Extend OpenLayers 3 with your own custom classes
- Develop mobile-friendly web mapping applications
- Make stunning effects with canvas manipulation, or visualize point clouds with WebGL
- Integrate third-party applications, and create custom builds that completely satisfy your needs
OpenLayers 3 allows you to create stunning web mapping and WebGIS applications. It uses modern, cutting edge browser technologies. It is written with Closure Library, enabling you to build browser-independent applications without painful debugging ceremonies, which even have some limited fallback options for older browsers.
With this guide, you will be introduced to the world of advanced web mapping and WebGIS.
First, you will be introduced to the advanced features and functionalities available in OpenLayers 3. Next, you will be taken through the key points of creating custom applications with OpenLayers 3. You will then learn how to create the web mapping application of yours (or your company's) dream with this open source, expense-free, yet very powerful library. We'll also show you how to make amazing looking thematic maps and create great effects with canvas manipulation.
By the end of this book, you will have a strong command of web mapping and will be well on your way to creating amazing applications using OpenLayers 3.
Style and approach
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours