Editeur: Packt Publishing
Learn the best practices on writing efficient jQuery applications to maximize performance in large-scale deployments
About This Book
- Learn about the observer pattern and the deferred observer pattern, two of the most popular design patterns that handle custom events
- Advance your jQuery skills by learning about patterns such as divide and conquer, facade, and builder and factory to handle complex results
- This step-by-step guide to applying micro-patterns and optimizing jQuery applications will help you get the best performance in a production environment
Who This Book Is For
This book is for existing jQuery Developers or new developers who want to get an understanding of the “correct way” to build jQuery applications, using best practices and industry standard patterns.
What You Will Learn
- Respond to user actions
- Achieve greater flexibility and code decoupling
- Have a central point for emitting and receiving application level events
- Structure the application into small independent modules
- Abstract complex APIs
- Isolate the procedure of generating complex parts of the application
- Efficiently orchestrate asynchronous procedures using jQuery Deferred and Promises
- Utilize the most widely-used client-side templating libraries for more complex use cases
jQuery solves the problems of DOM manipulation, event detection, AJAX calls, element selection and document queries, element attribute and data management, as well as object management utilities. This book addresses these problems and shows you how to make the best of jQuery through the various design patterns available.
The book starts off with a refresher to jQuery and will then take you through the different design patterns such as facade, observer, publisher/subscriber, and so on. We will also go into client-side templating techniques and libraries, as well as some plugin development patterns. Finally, we will look into some best practices that you can use to make the best of jQuery.
Style and approach
The example-oriented guide covers the best and most widely used patterns to help you improve your development with jQuery.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours