Editeur: Packt Publishing
Learn to use Xero to make bookkeeping tasks simple and gain valuable business insights effortlessly
About This Book
- Explore the process of setting up and using Xero
- Concise step-by-step instructions to teach you best practice bookkeeping
- Discover performance enhancing add-ons to reduce your daily work
Who This Book Is For
Intended for those who want to learn how to use Xero to get better insights from their business data and learn the best practices of bookkeeping using Xero. Perhaps you have never used Xero, or perhaps you want to migrate from an existing accounting application to Xero. In either case, this book will get you up and running quickly. It would be useful to have a bit of familiarity with basic bookkeeping concepts, but no prior experience of Xero is required.
What You Will Learn
- Configure Xero from scratch and fine-tune it ready for use
- Set up bank feeds and automate the bank reconciliation process
- Create workflows and segregation of duties for sales and purchases
- Run payrolls, giving employees the ability to request time off and generate their own payslips
- Produce reports to gain a better understanding of your business data and make better quality decisions
- Import and export data ready for analysis
- Use the power of a mobile device to run your business from the palm of your hand
- Manage your inventory with fully automated transaction processing
The book begins by tackling the initial set up of Xero to ensure optimum configuration for success. From there, the next logical step is to set up the automated bank feeds, which is the best innovation in bookkeeping in years. Now that your bank data is ready for importing, we will tackle the most common transactional items, being sales invoices and purchase bills. Despite these being largely transactional, we will work through ways to automate the process where possible, save time, and avoid potential human errors along the way. Then we will start checking reports and analyze what is working or not and make changes to workflows and setups. The end result is that you will have a fully configured system ready to use and years of experience offering best practice solutions to what have been, for years, unnecessary roadblocks in your business.
Style and approach
This book contains easy-to-follow, step-by-step examples, explaining from start to finish how to set up and use Xero while implementing best practices of bookkeeping.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours