Editeur: Packt Publishing
Create robust and extensible iOS apps using the advanced features of Swift 2
About This Book
- Get up to speed with the new features of Swift 2 by following the exhaustive examples in this book
- Specialize in developing real iOS apps, and 2D and 3D videogames using Swift and Cocoapods
- Learn how to build server API apps to feed your iOS client apps
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for those who want to learn to develop app in Swift, starting the right way. Whether you are an expert Objective-C programmer or are new to this platform, you'll quickly grasp the code of real world apps, and discover how to use Swift effectively. Prior experience in development for Apple devices would be helpful, but is not mandatory.
What You Will Learn
- Create a server in Swift to deliver JSON data to an iOS app
- Take advantage of Cocoapods to use third-party libraries
- Use a clean and effective architecture to decrease complexity and speed up development
- Take advantage of the most useful parts of the iOS SDK
- Build games with SpriteKit and SceneKit
- Develop an app running on the cloud to act as an API server for your client's apps
Swift is no longer the unripe language it was when launched by Apple at WWDC14, now it's a powerful and ready-for-production programming language that has empowered most new released apps.
Swift is a user-friendly language with a smooth learning curve; it is safe, robust, and really flexible.
Swift 2 is more powerful than ever; it introduces new ways to solve old problems, more robust error handling, and a new programming paradigm that favours composition over inheritance.
Swift 2 by Example is a fast-paced, practical guide to help you learn how to develop iOS apps using Swift. Through the development of seven different iOS apps and one server app, you'll find out how to use either the right feature of the language or the right tool to solve a given problem.
We begin by introducing you to the latest features of Swift 2, further kick-starting your app development journey by building a guessing game app, followed by a memory game. It doesn't end there, with a few more apps in store for you: a to-do list, a beautiful weather app, two games: Flappy Swift and Cube Runner, and finally an ecommerce app to top everything off.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to build well-designed apps, effectively use AutoLayout, develop videogames, and build server apps.
Style and approach
These easy-to-follow tutorials show you how to build real-world apps. The difficulty and complexity level increases chapter by chapter. Each chapter is dedicated to build a new app, beginning from a basic and unstyled app through to a full 3D game. The last two chapters show you how to build a complete client-server ecommerce app right from scratch.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours