Editeur: Packt Publishing
Edition n°: 2
Develop the skills required to create compelling, maintainable, and robust iOS and OS X apps with Swift
About This Book
- Write expressive, understandable, and maintainable Swift 2 code with this hands-on tutorial
- Unveil the complex underpinnings of Swift to turn your app ideas into reality
- This book is packed with real-life examples to help you implement concepts as you learn
Who This Book Is For
If you are looking to build iOS or OS X apps using the most modern technology, this book is ideal for you. You will find this book especially useful if you are new to programming or if you are yet to develop for iOS or OS X. No prior programming exposure is required.
What You Will Learn
- Form a solid understanding of the Swift 2 language
- Get to know the practical aspects of how a computer program actually works
- Understand the paradigms used by Apple's frameworks so you are not intimidated by them
- Utilize the vast resources written in Objective-C to better inform your Swift programming
- Develop a basic portfolio of Swift code by learning the critical concepts
- Experience both object-oriented and functional programming
- Get to know the new coding techniques made available by Swift 2
- Discover resources to ensure you never stop becoming a better developer
Swift is Apple's new programming language and the future of iOS and OS X app development. It is a high-performance language that feels like a modern scripting language. On the surface, Swift is easy to jump into, but it has complex underpinnings that are critical to becoming proficient at turning an idea into reality.
This book is an approachable, step-by-step introduction into programming with Swift for everyone. It begins by giving you an overview of the key features through practical examples and progresses to more advanced topics that help differentiate the proficient developers from the mediocre ones. It covers important concepts such as Variables, Optionals, Closures, Generics, and Memory Management. Mixed in with those concepts, it also helps you learn the art of programming such as maintainability, useful design patterns, and resources to further your knowledge. This all culminates in writing a basic iOS app that will get you well on your way to turning your own app ideas into reality.
Style and approach
This is an approachable, step-by-step guide to programming in Swift 2. Each topic is separated into compressible sections that are full of practical examples and easy-to-understand explanations. Each section builds on the previous topics so you can develop a proficient and comprehensive understanding of app development in Swift 2.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours