Editor: Packt Publishing
Extend SQLite with mobile development skills to build great apps for iOS devices
About This Book
- Implement Swift code using SQLite statements
- Learn the background to SQL and SQLite for mobile development, its statements, and command features through practical examples
- Extend the standard SQLite functionality and increase your software creation portfolio
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those who want to learn about SQLite and how to develop apps in Swift or HTML5 using SQLite. Whether you are an expert Objective-C programmer or new to this platform, you'll learn quickly, grasping the code in real-world apps to use Swift.
What You Will Learn
- Explore Swift's basic language statements
- Connect to SQLite and execute SQL statements
- Extend the SQLite language to create your own software extensions
- Use HTML5 with Phonegap on iOS
- Set up a Swift project using XCode with SQLite
- Administer SQLite databases in an easy and effective way
The ability to use SQLite with iOS provides a great opportunity to build amazing apps. Apple's iOS SDK provides native support for SQLite databases. This combination offers the potential to create powerful, data-persistent applications.
This book starts with the architecture of SQLite database and introduces you to concepts in SQL . You will find yourself equipped to design your own database system, administer it, and maintain it. Further, you will learn how to operate your SQLite databases smoothly using SQL commands.
You will be able to extend the functionality of SQLite by using its vast arsenal of C API calls to build some interesting, exciting, new, and intelligent data-driven applications. Understand how Xcode, HTML5, and Phonegap can be used to build a cross-platform modern app which can benefit from all these technologies - all through creating a complete, customizable application skeleton that you can build on for your own apps.
Style and approach
This book is a practical and comprehensive guide to developing applications using SQLite and iOS.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours