Editeur: Packt Publishing
Master the skills required to steer cross-platform applications from drawing board to app store(s) using Xamarin
About This Book
- Develop your Xamarin development skills with this comprehensive guide on various patterns and features so you can create elegant and high-quality applications
- Create adaptive user interfaces on separate platforms without compromising the user experience and platform identity
- Implement application lifecycle management concepts to manage and finalize cross-platform projects and efficiently collaborate with others
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for those who want to take their entry–level Xamarin mobile development skills to the next level to become the go-to person within their organization. To fully understand the patterns and concepts described, you should possess a reasonable level of knowledge about the core elements of Xamarin and cross-platform application development with it.
What You Will Learn
- Configure your environment for cross-platform projects with Xamarin
- Gain memory management skills to avoid memory leaks and premature code cycles while decreasing the memory print of your applications
- Employ asynchronous and parallel patterns to execute non-interactive and non-blocking processes
- Create and use SQLite databases for offline scenarios
- Integrate network resources with cross-platform applications
- Design and implement eye-catching and reusable UI components without compromising nativity in mobile applications
- Manage the application lifecycle of cross-platform development projects
- Distribute Xamarin applications through public or private channels
The main goal of this book is to equip you with the required know-how to successfully analyze, develop, and manage Xamarin cross-platform projects using the most efficient, robust, and scalable implementation patterns.
This book starts with general topics such as memory management, asynchronous programming, local storage, and networking, and later moves onto platform-specific features. During this transition, you will learn about key tools to leverage the patterns described, as well as advanced implementation strategies and features. The book also presents User Interface design and implementation concepts on Android and iOS platforms from a Xamarin and cross-platform perspective, with the goal to create a consistent but native UI experience.
Finally, we show you the toolset for application lifecycle management to help you prepare the development pipeline to manage and see cross-platform projects through to public or private release.
Style and approach
This is a comprehensive guide on various Xamarin features and patterns. Each topic is explained and demonstrated with code samples, which are revised in each section in an iterative manner and analyzed with available diagnostic tools to demonstrate the benefits of different patterns.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours