Editeur: Packt Publishing
Analyze data network like a professional by mastering Wireshark - From 0 to 1337
About This Book
- Master Wireshark and train it as your network sniffer
- Impress your peers and get yourself pronounced as a network doctor
- Understand Wireshark and its numerous features with the aid of this fast-paced book packed with numerous screenshots, and become a pro at resolving network anomalies
Who This Book Is For
Are you curious to know what's going on in a network? Do you get frustrated when you are unable to detect the cause of problems in your networks? This is where the book comes into play.
Mastering Wireshark is for developers or network enthusiasts who are interested in understanding the internal workings of networks and have prior knowledge of using Wireshark, but are not aware about all of its functionalities.
What You Will Learn
- Install Wireshark and understand its GUI and all the functionalities of it
- Create and use different filters
- Analyze different layers of network protocols and know the amount of packets that flow through the network
- Decrypt encrypted wireless traffic
- Use Wireshark as a diagnostic tool and also for network security analysis to keep track of malware
- Troubleshoot all the network anomalies with help of Wireshark
- Resolve latencies and bottleneck issues in the network
Wireshark is a popular and powerful tool used to analyze the amount of bits and bytes that are flowing through a network. Wireshark deals with the second to seventh layer of network protocols, and the analysis made is presented in a human readable form.
Mastering Wireshark will help you raise your knowledge to an expert level. At the start of the book, you will be taught how to install Wireshark, and will be introduced to its interface so you understand all its functionalities. Moving forward, you will discover different ways to create and use capture and display filters. Halfway through the book, you'll be mastering the features of Wireshark, analyzing different layers of the network protocol, looking for any anomalies. As you reach to the end of the book, you will be taught how to use Wireshark for network security analysis and configure it for troubleshooting purposes.
Style and approach
Every chapter in this book is explained to you in an easy way accompanied by real-life examples and screenshots of the interface, making it easy for you to become an expert at using Wireshark.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours