Editeur: Packt Publishing
Over 70 recipes to get you writing powerful and efficient multithreaded, asynchronous, and parallel programs in C# 6.0
About This Book
- Rewritten and updated to take advantage of the latest C# 6 features
- Learn about multithreaded, asynchronous, and parallel programming through hands-on, code-first examples
- Use these recipes to build fast, scalable, and reliable applications in C#
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at those who are new to multithreaded programming, and who are looking for a quick and easy way to get started. It is assumed that you have some experience in C# and .NET already, and you should also be familiar with basic computer science terminology and basic algorithms and data structures.
What You Will Learn
- Use C# 6.0 asynchronous language features
- Work with raw threads, synchronize threads, and coordinate their work
- Develop your own asynchronous API with Task Parallel Library
- Work effectively with a thread pool
- Scale up your server application with I/O threads
- Parallelize your LINQ queries with PLINQ
- Use common concurrent collections
- Apply different parallel programming patterns
- Use Reactive Extensions to run asynchronous operations and manage their options
Multi-core processors are synonymous with computing speed and power in today's world, which is why multithreading has become a key concern for C# developers. Multithreaded code helps you create effective, scalable, and responsive applications.
This is an easy-to-follow guide that will show you difficult programming problems in context. You will learn how to solve them with practical, hands-on, recipes. With these recipes, you'll be able to start creating your own scalable and reliable multithreaded applications. Starting from learning what a thread is, we guide you through the basics and then move on to more advanced concepts such as task parallel libraries, C# asynchronous functions, and much more.
Rewritten to the latest C# specification, C# 6, and updated with new and modern recipes to help you make the most of the hardware you have available, this book will help you push the boundaries of what you thought possible in C#.
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow guide full of hands-on examples of real-world multithreading tasks. Each topic is explained and placed in context, and for the more inquisitive, there are also more in-depth details of the concepts used.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours