Editeur: Packt Publishing
Over 120 practical and easy-to-understand recipes that explain how to use Sass and Compass to write efficient, maintainable, and reusable CSS code for your web development projects
About This Book
- Leverage Sass to make your CSS code maintainable, reusable and prevent code duplications
- Shorten debug time with Sass when creating complex CSS code for different browsers and devices
- Write easy and bullet-proof CSS with Compass using this step-by-step and detailed guide
Who This Book Is For
This book is mainly intended for web developers and designers who are comfortable with CSS and HTML. If you are someone with some experience with CSS, you will find the learning curve of learning Sass syntax to be less steep. Basic knowledge of web development is helpful but you don't have to be a programmer to understand Sass.
What You Will Learn
- Spend less time debugging code
- Compile Sass code into readable and maintainable CSS
- Integrate Sass in your own projects
- Reuse your code to prevent code duplications
- Write reusable and portable CSS code
- Make use of pre-built and established code written by other developers
- Reduce development and maintenance time of your projects
- Set up a development environment with Gulp
Sass and Compass Designer's Cookbook helps you to get most out of CSS3 and harness its benefits to create engaging and receptive applications. This book will help you develop faster and reduce the maintenance time for your web development projects by using Sass and Compass. You will learn how to use with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation and understand how to use other libraries of pre-built mixins. You will also learn setting up a development environment with Gulp.
This book guides you through all the concepts and gives you practical examples for full understanding.
Style and approach
This book is the perfect mix of essential theory combined with real-life examples and problems, with clear explanations of the more sophisticated Sass concepts. Learn Sass and Compass with practical and well-explained example code. This book follows a problem and solution approach that is convenient to understand and follow.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours