Editeur: Packt Publishing
Learn how to correctly utilize the most popular Object-Relational Mapping tool for your Enterprise application
About This Book
- Understand the internals of Hibernate and its architecture, and how it manages Entities, Events, Versioning, Filters, and Cache
- Observe how Hibernate bridges the gap between object-oriented concepts and relational models
- Discover how Hibernate can address architectural concerns such as Transaction, Database Multi-tenancy, Clustering, and Database Shards
Who This Book Is For
Mastering Hibernate is intended for those who are already using or considering using Hibernate as the solution to address the problem of Object Relational Mapping. If you are already using Hibernate, this book will help you understand the internals and become a power user of Hibernate.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the internals of a Hibernate session and how Entities are managed
- Declare better mapping between entity classes and database tables
- Manage entity associations and collections
- Fetch data not just by entity ID, but also using HQL, Criteria Objects, Filters, and Native SQL
- Observe the first and second level caches and find out how to manage them
- Collect statistics and metrics data for further observation
- Make your application work with multi-tenant databases
Hibernate has been so successful since its inception that it even influenced the Java Enterprise Edition specification in that the Java Persistence API was dramatically changed to do it the Hibernate way. Hibernate is the tool that solves the complex problem of Object Relational Mapping. It can be used in both Java Enterprise applications as well as .Net applications. Additionally, it can be used for both SQL and NoSQL data stores.
Some developers learn the basics of Hibernate and hit the ground quickly. But when demands go beyond the basics, they take a reactive approach instead of learning the fundamentals and core concepts. However, the secret to success for any good developer is knowing and understanding the tools at your disposal. It's time to learn about your tool to use it better
This book first explores the internals of Hibernate by discussing what occurs inside a Hibernate session and how Entities are managed. Then, we cover core topics such as mapping, querying, caching, and we demonstrate how to use a wide range of very useful annotations.
Additionally, you will learn how to create event listeners or interceptors utilizing the improved architecture in the latest version of Hibernate.
Style and approach
This book takes a close look at the core topics, and helps you understand the complex topics by showing you examples and giving you in-depth discussions.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours