Editeur: Packt Publishing
Learn about configuration management and gain complete control of your Docker containers using Puppet
About This Book
- This is the first book that focuses specifically on the combination of containerization and configuration management tools as the landscape for system administration changes
- It demonstrates to administrators how to seamlessly integrate containerization without disrupting their entire system
- It provides a canny way for you to grow your tool kit and embrace new tech such as Docker while building on your existing skill set
Who This Book Is For
This book is designed for system administrators who are looking to explore containerization. Intermediate experience and expertise with Puppet is presumed.
What You Will Learn
- Write Puppet modules to build Docker
- Create Docker Compose templates with .erb files
- Get to know the architecture of Docker schedulers
- Create a Docker network and service discovery framework
- Build a fully functional Docker scheduler with Puppet
- Make Docker production ready with Puppet
This book teaches you how to take advantage of the new benefits of containerization systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, and Docker UCP, without losing the panoptical power of proper configuration management.
You will learn how to integrate your containerized applications and modules with your Puppet workflow. You will also understand how to manage, monitor, and orchestrate hosts to keep deployed containers running seamlessly. With the help of this book, you can efficiently automate and document with containers, as a part of your system.
The book will also cover use cases of deploying Puppet within a containerized environment.
Style and approach
This book uniquely focuses on the pain point of making containerization part of a bigger, established workflow of system administration. It will begin with the presumption that one has a use for Docker containers, and a background in system administration. Then, step by step, it takes you through the concepts and methods necessary to integrate this new time-saving technology into a well-managed configuration run by Puppet.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours