Editeur: Packt Publishing
Edition n°: 3
Creative ways to build powerful and effective online courses with Moodle 3.0
About This Book
- Unleash your teaching talents and develop exciting, dynamic courses
- Put together effective online courses that motivate students from all backgrounds, generations, and learning styles
- Find powerful insights into developing more successful and educational courses
Who This Book Is For
If you want to unleash your teaching talents and develop exciting, dynamic courses that really get students moving forward, then this book is for you. Experienced Moodlers who want to upgrade to Moodle 3.0 will find powerful insights into developing more successful and educational courses.
What You Will Learn
- Create a dynamic learning environment using different techniques
- Motivate your students to collaborate and demonstrate what they are learning and to create projects together
- Develop materials you can re-use in your future courses
- Create online workshops and galleries for your students to make presentations about what they have learned
- Engage your students in team work that helps them connect course content with their experiences and prior learning
- Develop high-quality courses that will last to create a personal inventory you can use and re-use
Moodle, the world's most popular, free open-source Learning Management System (LMS) has released several new features and enhancements in its latest 3.0 release. More and more colleges, universities, and training providers are using Moodle, which has helped revolutionize e-learning with its flexible, reusable platform and components.
This book brings together step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions to leverage the full power of Moodle 3 to build highly interactive and engaging courses that run on a wide range of platforms including mobile and cloud.
Beginning with developing an effective online course, you will write learning outcomes that align with Bloom's taxonomy and list the kinds of instructional materials that will work given one's goal. You will gradually move on to setting up different types of forums for discussions and incorporating multi-media from cloud-base sources. You will then focus on developing effective timed tests, self-scoring quizzes while organizing the content, building different lessons, and incorporating assessments. Lastly, you will dive into more advanced topics such as creating interactive templates for a full course by focussing on creating each element and create workshops and portfolios which encourage engagement and collaboration
Style and approach
With clear, step-by-step instructions, this book helps you develop good, solid, dynamic courses that will last by making sure that your instructional design is robust, and that they are built around satisfying learning objectives and course outcomes. Packed with plenty of screenshots and practical examples, you will get solid understanding of developing courses that are a success in the real world.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours