Editeur: Packt Publishing
Develop the capacity to dig deeper into mobile device data acquisition
About This Book
- A mastering guide to help you overcome the roadblocks you face when dealing with mobile forensics
- Excel at the art of extracting data, recovering deleted data, bypassing screen locks, and much more
- Get best practices to how to collect and analyze mobile device data and accurately document your investigations
Who This Book Is For
The book is for mobile forensics professionals who have experience in handling forensic tools and methods. This book is designed for skilled digital forensic examiners, mobile forensic investigators, and law enforcement officers.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the mobile forensics process model and get guidelines on mobile device forensics
- Acquire in-depth knowledge about smartphone acquisition and acquisition methods
- Gain a solid understanding of the architecture of operating systems, file formats, and mobile phone internal memory
- Explore the topics of of mobile security, data leak, and evidence recovery
- Dive into advanced topics such as GPS analysis, file carving, encryption, encoding, unpacking, and decompiling mobile application processes
Mobile forensics presents a real challenge to the forensic community due to the fast and unstoppable changes in technology. This book aims to provide the forensic community an in-depth insight into mobile forensic techniques when it comes to deal with recent smartphones operating systems
Starting with a brief overview of forensic strategies and investigation procedures, you will understand the concepts of file carving, GPS analysis, and string analyzing. You will also see the difference between encryption, encoding, and hashing methods and get to grips with the fundamentals of reverse code engineering. Next, the book will walk you through the iOS, Android and Windows Phone architectures and filesystem, followed by showing you various forensic approaches and data gathering techniques.
You will also explore advanced forensic techniques and find out how to deal with third-applications using case studies. The book will help you master data acquisition on Windows Phone 8. By the end of this book, you will be acquainted with best practices and the different models used in mobile forensics.
Style and approach
The book is a comprehensive guide that will help the IT forensics community to go more in-depth into the investigation process and mobile devices take-over.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours