Editeur: Packt Publishing
Create powerful, useful, fast, and fun chat bots that make Slack better
About This Book
- This is the first developer's guide to programming for Slack
- It covers everything you need to create chat bots for Slack's conversational UI
- It's full of realistic examples, usable code, and lucid explanations on everything you need to know
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Receive and send messages sent in Slack
- Respond to user commands
- Process natural language
- Perform useful tasks on commands such as fetching data from external sources
- Use webhooks and slash commands
- Create a Google Classroom and add customized information for each individual class
Slack promises that its users will "be less busy." Slack bots interact with users in Slack chatrooms, providing useful immediate information, and automating work. This book gives you everything you need to build powerful and useful Slack bots.
You'll see how to hook into the Slack API to create software that can read and post to chatrooms, respond to commands and hints given in natural conversational language, and build fun and useful bots for your own place of work, both as a front end to your own service and to distribute and share as apps. You can even sell your bots and build a business as a Slack bot developer.
Throughout the book, you'll build useful and fun example applications that you can modify for your own situations. These range from simple, fun applications to liven up discussions to useful, data-driven apps to help you make decisions quickly and manage work.
Style and approach
This is a friendly step-by-step guide to building powerful, friendly Slack bots.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours