Editeur: Packt Publishing
Edition n°: 2
Develop skills to build powerful plug-ins with Eclipse IDE through examples
About This Book
- Create useful plug-ins to make Eclipse work for you
- Learn how to migrate Eclipse 3.x plug-ins to Eclipse 4.x
- From automation to testing, find out how to get your IDE performing at an impressive standard
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Java developers familiar with Eclipse who need more from the IDE. This book will sharpen your confidence and make you a more productive developer with a tool that supports rather than limits you.
What You Will Learn
- Create plug-ins for Eclipse 4.x
- Test plug-ins automatically with JUnit
- Display tree and table information in views
- Upgrade Eclipse 3.x plug-ins to Eclipse 4.x
- Find out how to build user interfaces from SWT and JFace
- Run tasks in the background and update the user interface asynchronously
- Automate builds of plug-ins and features
- Automate user interface tests with SWTBot
Eclipse is used by everyone from indie devs to NASA engineers. Its popularity is underpinned by its impressive plug-in ecosystem, which allows it to be extended to meet the needs of whoever is using it. This book shows you how to take full advantage of the Eclipse IDE by building your own useful plug-ins from start to finish.
Taking you through the complete process of plug-in development, from packaging to automated testing and deployment, this book is a direct route to quicker, cleaner Java development. It may be for beginners, but we're confident that you'll develop new skills quickly. Pretty soon you'll feel like an expert, in complete control of your IDE.
Don't let Eclipse define you - extend it with the plug-ins you need today for smarter, happier, and more effective development.
Style and approach
Packed with plenty of examples so you're never stuck, or never left simply reading instructions, this book encourages you to get started immediately. This book is for developers who want to develop, not just learn.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours