Auteur: Beltowski, Piotr
Editeur: Packt Publishing
Edition n°: 3
Learn and monitor your entire IT infrastructure to ensure your systems, applications, services, and business function effectively.
About This Book
- Packed with tips, tricks and illustrations, the book will explain the configuration and monitoring concepts in a simplified manner
- Experience the scalability and flexibility of Nagios in a very practical and easy-to-understand approach.
- Unleash the power of Nagios Core and Nagios XI 5 to monitor and secure your infrastructure with ease.
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at System Administrators, both, who have no prior knowledge of Nagios as well as readers experienced with it. It not only covers the basics of Nagios but also the advanced features.
What You Will Learn
- Set up and use the built-in Nagios web interface
- Upskill the additional interfaces available for Nagios to monitor your IT infrastructure
- Learn how to perform various checks using both, Nagios standard plugins and third-party plugins
- Explore the working of notifications and events in Nagios
- Familiarize yourself with SNMP and use it for monitoring devices such as routers, switches, modems and printers
- Discover how can be Nagios can be customized and tailored to your needs
- Get to know more about the entreprise version of Nagios, Nagios XI
Nagios, a powerful and widely used IT monitoring and management software for problem -solving. It detects problems related to your organizations infrastructure and helps in resolving the issue before it impacts the business.
Following the success of the previous edition, this book will continue to help you monitor the status of network devices and also notify the system administrators of network problems. Starting with the fundamentals, the book will teach you how to install and configure Nagios for your environment. The book helps you learn how to end downtimes, adding comments and generating reports using the built-in Web interface of Nagios. Moving on, you will be introduced to the third-party web interfaces and applications for checking the status and report specific information. As you progress further in Learning Nagios, you will focus on the standard set of Nagios plugins and also focus on teach you how to efficiently manage large configurations and using templates. Once you are up to speed with this, you will get to know the concept and working of notifications and events in Nagios. The book will then uncover the concept of passive check and shows how to use NRDP (Nagios Remote Data Processor). The focus then shifts to how Nagios checks can be run on remote machines and SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) can be used from Nagios. Lastly, the book will demonstrate how to extend Nagios by creating custom check commands, custom ways of notifying users and showing how passive checks and NRDP can be used to integrate your solutions with Nagios.
By the end of the book, you will be a competent system administrator who could monitor mid-size businesses or even large scale enterprises.
Style and approach
This will be a practical learning guide for system administrators which will teach them everything about Nagios along with implementing it for your organization and then ending with securing it.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours