Editor: Packt Publishing
The latest in modern Python recipes for the busy modern programmer
About This Book
- Develop succinct, expressive programs in Python
- Learn the best practices and common idioms through carefully explained and structured recipes
- Discover new ways to apply Python for the new age of development
Who This Book Is For
The book is for web developers, programmers, enterprise programmers, engineers, big data scientist, and so on. If you are a beginner, Python Cookbook will get you started. If you are experienced, it will expand your knowledge base. A basic knowledge of programming would help.
What You Will Learn
- See the intricate details of the Python syntax and how to use it to your advantage
- Improve your code readability through functions in Python
- Manipulate data effectively using built-in data structures
- Get acquainted with advanced programming techniques in Python
- Equip yourself with functional and statistical programming features
- Write proper tests to be sure a program works as advertised
- Integrate application software using Python
Python is the preferred choice of developers, engineers, data scientists, and hobbyists everywhere. It is a great scripting language that can power your applications and provide great speed, safety, and scalability. By exposing Python as a series of simple recipes, you can gain insight into specific language features in a particular context. Having a tangible context helps make the language or standard library feature easier to understand.
This book comes with over 100 recipes on the latest version of Python. The recipes will benefit everyone ranging from beginner to an expert. The book is broken down into 13 chapters that build from simple language concepts to more complex applications of the language.
The recipes will touch upon all the necessary Python concepts related to data structures, OOP, functional programming, as well as statistical programming. You will get acquainted with the nuances of Python syntax and how to effectively use the advantages that it offers. You will end the book equipped with the knowledge of testing, web services, and configuration and application integration tips and tricks.
The recipes take a problem-solution approach to resolve issues commonly faced by Python programmers across the globe. You will be armed with the knowledge of creating applications with flexible logging, powerful configuration, and command-line options, automated unit tests, and good documentation.
Style and approach
This book takes a recipe-based approach, where each recipe addresses specific problems and issues. The recipes provide discussions and insights and an explanation of the problems.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours