Editeur: Packt Publishing
Learn how to develop web applications that deploy cross-platform and are optimized for high performance using ASP.NET Core 2
About This Book
- Master high-level web app performance improvement techniques using ASP.NET Core 2.0
- Find the right balance between premature optimization and inefficient code
- Design workflows that run asynchronously and are resilient to transient performance issues
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed for readers who can build a web application and have some experience with ASP.NET or some other web application framework (such as Ruby on Rails or Django). They can be people who are happy learning details independently but who struggle to discover the topics that they should be researching. The reader should be interested in improving the performance of their web app and in learning about ASP.NET Core and modern C#.
What You Will Learn
- Understand ASP.NET Core 2 and how it differs from its predecessor
- Address performance issues at the early stages of development
- Set up development environments on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Measure, profile and find the most significant problems
- Identify the differences between development workstations and production infrastructures, and how these can exacerbate problems
- Boost the performance of your application but with an eye to how it affects complexity and maintenance
- Explore a few cutting-edge techniques such as advanced hashing and custom transports
The ASP.NET Core 2 framework is used to develop high-performance and cross-platform web applications. It is built on .NET Core 2 and includes significantly more framework APIs than version 1.
This book addresses high-level performance improvement techniques. It starts by showing you how to locate and measure problems and then shows you how to solve some of the most common ones. Next, it shows you how to get started with ASP.NET Core 2 on Windows, Mac, Linux, and with Docker containers.
The book illustrates what problems can occur as latency increases when deploying to a cloud infrastructure. It also shows you how to optimize C# code and choose the best data structures for the job. It covers new features in C# 6 and 7, along with parallel programming and distributed architectures.
By the end of this book, you will be fixing latency issues and optimizing performance problems, but you will also know how this affects the complexity and maintenance of your application. Finally, we will explore a few highly advanced techniques for further optimization.
Style and approach
A step-by-step practical guide filled with real-world use cases and examples
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours