Editeur: Packt Publishing
Over 50+ hands-on recipes to help you pen test networks using Python, discover vulnerabilities, and find a recovery path
About This Book
- Learn to detect and avoid various types of attack that put system privacy at risk
- Enhance your knowledge of wireless application concepts and information gathering through practical recipes
- Learn a pragmatic way to penetration-test using Python, build efficient code, and save time
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer with prior knowledge of using Python for penetration testing and if you want an overview of scripting tasks to consider while penetration testing, this book will give you a lot of useful code for your toolkit.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to configure Python in different environment setups.
- Find an IP address from a web page using BeautifulSoup and Scrapy
- Discover different types of packet sniffing script to sniff network packets
- Master layer-2 and TCP/ IP attacks
- Master techniques for exploit development for Windows and Linux
- Incorporate various network- and packet-sniffing techniques using Raw sockets and Scrapy
Penetration testing is the use of tools and code to attack a system in order to assess its vulnerabilities to external threats. Python allows pen testers to create their own tools. Since Python is a highly valued pen-testing language, there are many native libraries and Python bindings available specifically for pen-testing tasks.
Python Penetration Testing Cookbook begins by teaching you how to extract information from web pages. You will learn how to build an intrusion detection system using network sniffing techniques. Next, you will find out how to scan your networks to ensure performance and quality, and how to carry out wireless pen testing on your network to avoid cyber attacks. After that, we'll discuss the different kinds of network attack. Next, you'll get to grips with designing your own torrent detection program. We'll take you through common vulnerability scenarios and then cover buffer overflow exploitation so you can detect insecure coding. Finally, you'll master PE code injection methods to safeguard your network.
Style and approach
This book takes a recipe-based approach to solving real-world problems in pen testing. It is structured in stages from the initial assessment of a system through exploitation to post-exploitation tests, and provides scripts that can be used or modified for in-depth penetration testing.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours