Editeur: Packt Publishing
Over 60 powerful recipes to scan, exploit, and crack wireless networks for ethical purposes
About This Book
- Expose wireless security threats through the eyes of an attacker,
- Recipes to help you proactively identify vulnerabilities and apply intelligent remediation,
- Acquire and apply key wireless pentesting skills used by industry experts
Who This Book Is For
If you are a security professional, administrator, and a network professional who wants to enhance their wireless penetration testing skills and knowledge then this book is for you. Some prior experience with networking security and concepts is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Deploy and configure a wireless cyber lab that resembles an enterprise production environment
- Install Kali Linux 2017.3 on your laptop and configure the wireless adapter
- Learn the fundamentals of commonly used wireless penetration testing techniques
- Scan and enumerate Wireless LANs and access points
- Use vulnerability scanning techniques to reveal flaws and weaknesses
- Attack Access Points to gain access to critical networks
More and more organizations are moving towards wireless networks, and Wi-Fi is a popular choice. The security of wireless networks is more important than ever before due to the widespread usage of Wi-Fi networks. This book contains recipes that will enable you to maximize the success of your wireless network testing using the advanced ethical hacking features of Kali Linux.
This book will go through techniques associated with a wide range of wireless penetration tasks, including WLAN discovery scanning, WEP cracking, WPA/WPA2 cracking, attacking access point systems, operating system identification, vulnerability mapping, and validation of results. You will learn how to utilize the arsenal of tools available in Kali Linux to penetrate any wireless networking environment. You will also be shown how to identify remote services, how to assess security risks, and how various attacks are performed.
By finishing the recipes, you will feel confident conducting wireless penetration tests and will be able to protect yourself or your organization from wireless security threats.
Style and approach
The book will provide the foundation principles, techniques, and in-depth analysis to effectively master wireless penetration testing. It will aid you in understanding and mastering many of the most powerful and useful wireless testing techniques in the industry.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours