Editeur: Packt Publishing
Go from the initial idea to a production-deployed web app using Django 2.0.
About This Book
- A beginners guide to learning python's most popular framework, Django
- Build fully featured web projects in Django 2.0 through examples.
- Deploy web applications in quick and reliable fashion with Docker
Who This Book Is For
If you have some basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Python and want to build fully-featured and secure applications using Django, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Build new projects from scratch using Django 2.0
- Provide full-text searching using ElasticSearch and Django 2.0
- Learn Django 2.0 security best practices and how they're applied
- Deploy a full Django 2.0 app almost anywhere with mod_wsgi
- Deploy a full Django 2.0 app to AWS's PaaS Elastic Beanstalk
- Deploy a full Django 2.0 app with Docker
- Deploy a full Django 2.0 app with NGINX and uWSGI
This project-based guide will give you a sound understanding of Django 2.0 through three full-featured applications. It starts off by building a basic IMDB clone and adding users who can register, vote on their favorite movies, and upload associated pictures. You will learn how to use the votes that your users have cast to build a list of the top 10 movies. This book will also take you through deploying your app into a production environment using Docker containers hosted on the server in Amazon's Electric Computing Cloud (EC2).
Next, you're going to build a Stack Overflow clone wherein registered users can ask and answer questions. You will learn how to enable a user asking a question to accept answers and mark them as useful. You will also learn how to add search functionality to help users find questions by using ElasticSearch. You'll discover ways to apply the principles of 12 factor apps while deploying Django on the most popular web server, Apache, with mod_wsgi. Lastly, you'll build a clone of MailChimp so users can send and create emails, and deploy it using AWS.
Get set to take your basic Django skills to the next level with this comprehensive guide!
Style and approach
There's lots of information online about web apps but little reliable advice about how to go from concept to a production-deployed web app. Building Django Web Applications takes you step by step through building an app, working with the database, and deploying it into production.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours