Author: Theodoro De Brito, Rogerio
Author: Fazal, Basheer Ahamed
Editor: Packt Publishing
Enhance your career options with this well-crafted object-oriented programming language that enjoys the support of an enormous ecosystem of tools and libraries
- Get introduced to Java, its features, and its ecosystem
- Understand how Java uses object-oriented programming
- Become an expert Java exception handler
Since its inception, Java has stormed the programming world. Its features and functionalities provide developers with the tools needed to write robust cross-platform applications. Java Fundamentals introduces you to these tools and functionalities that will enable you to create Java programs.
The book begins with an introduction to the language, its philosophy, and evolution over time, until the latest release. You'll learn how the javac/java tools work and what Java packages are - the way a Java program is usually organized. Once you are comfortable with this, you'll be introduced to advanced concepts of the language, such as control flow keywords. You'll explore object-oriented programming and the part it plays in making Java what it is. In the concluding chapters, you'll get to grips with classes, typecasting, and interfaces, and understand the use of data structures, arrays, strings, handling exceptions, and creating generics.
By the end of this book, you will have learned to write programs, automate tasks, and follow advanced courses on algorithms and data structures or explore more advanced Java courses.
What you will learn
- Create and run Java programs
- Use data types, data structures, and control flow in your code
- Implement best practices while creating objects
- Work with constructors and inheritance
- Understand advanced data structures to organize and store data
- Employ generics for stronger check-types during compilation
- Learn to handle exceptions in your code
Who this book is for
Java Fundamentals is designed for tech enthusiasts who are familiar with some programming languages and want a quick introduction to the most important principles of Java.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours