Editeur: Packt Publishing
A step-by-step guide that will help you design, develop, scale, and deploy RESTful APIs with TypeScript 3 and Node.js
- Gain in-depth knowledge of OpenAPI and Swagger to build scalable web services
- Explore a variety of test frameworks and test runners such as Stryker, Mocha, and Chai
- Create a pipeline by Dockerizing your environment using Travis CI, Google Cloud Platform, and GitHub
In the world of web development, leveraging data is the key to developing comprehensive applications, and RESTful APIs help you to achieve this systematically. This book will guide you in designing and developing web services with the power of TypeScript 3 and Node.js. You'll design REST APIs using best practices for request handling, validation, authentication, and authorization. You'll also understand how to enhance the capabilities of your APIs with ODMs, databases, models and views, as well as asynchronous callbacks. This book will guide you in securing your environment by testing your services and initiating test automation with different testing approaches. Furthermore, you'll get to grips with developing secure, testable, and more efficient code, and be able to scale and deploy TypeScript 3 and Node.js-powered RESTful APIs on cloud platforms such as the Google Cloud Platform. Finally, the book will help you explore microservices and give you an overview of what GraphQL can allow you to do.
By the end of this book, you will be able to use RESTful web services to create your APIs for mobile and web apps and other platforms.
What you will learn
- Explore various methods to plan your services in a scalable way
- Understand how to handle different request types and the response status code
- Get to grips with securing web services
- Delve into error handling and logging your web services for improved debugging
- Uncover the microservices architecture and GraphQL
- Create automated CI/CD pipelines for release and deployment strategies
Who this book is for
If you're a developer who has a basic understanding of REST concepts and want to learn how to design and develop RESTful APIs, this book is for you. Prior knowledge of TypeScript will help you make the most out of this book.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours