Author: Ciolli, Gianni
Author: Meesala, Sudheer Kumar
Editor: Packt Publishing
A practical guide to administer, monitor and replicate your PostgreSQL 11 database
- Study and apply the newly introduced features in PostgreSQL 11
- Tackle any problem in PostgreSQL 11 administration and management
- Catch up on expert techniques for monitoring, fine-tuning, and securing your database
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source database management system with an enviable reputation for high performance and stability. With many new features in its arsenal, PostgreSQL 11 allows you to scale up your PostgreSQL infrastructure. This book takes a step-by-step, recipe-based approach to effective PostgreSQL administration.
The book will introduce you to new features such as logical replication, native table partitioning, additional query parallelism, and much more to help you to understand and control, crash recovery and plan backups. You will learn how to tackle a variety of problems and pain points for any database administrator such as creating tables, managing views, improving performance, and securing your database. As you make steady progress, the book will draw attention to important topics such as monitoring roles, backup, and recovery of your PostgreSQL 11 database to help you understand roles and produce a summary of log files, ensuring high availability, concurrency, and replication.
By the end of this book, you will have the necessary knowledge to manage your PostgreSQL 11 database efficiently.
What you will learn
- Troubleshoot open source PostgreSQL version 11 on various platforms
- Deploy best practices for planning and designing live databases
- Select and implement robust backup and recovery techniques in PostgreSQL 11
- Use pgAdmin or OmniDB to perform database administrator (DBA) tasks
- Adopt efficient replication and high availability techniques in PostgreSQL
- Improve the performance of your PostgreSQL solution
Who this book is for
This book is designed for database administrators, data architects, database developers, or anyone with an interest in planning and running live production databases using PostgreSQL 11. It is also ideal if you're looking for hands-on solutions to any problem associated with PostgreSQL 11 administration. Some experience with handling PostgreSQL databases will be beneficial
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours