Author: Osman, Paul
Editor: Packt Publishing
Explore microservices by developing with Express, deploying with Docker, and scaling with Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Build cloud-native microservices using only Node and Express
- Learn ways to monitor and manage your services in a production environment
Microservices are a popular way to build distributed systems that power modern web and mobile apps. With the help of this Learning Path, you'll learn how to develop your applications as a suite of independently deployable and scalable services.
Using an example-driven approach, this Learning Path will uncover how you can dismantle your monolithic application and embrace microservice architecture, right from architecting your services and modeling them to integrating them into your application. You'll also explore ways to overcome challenges in testing and deploying these services by setting up deployment pipelines that break down the application development process into several stages. You'll study serverless architecture for microservices and understand its benefits. Furthermore, this Learning Path delves into the patterns used for organizing services, helping you optimize request handling and processing. You'll then move on to learn the fault-tolerance and reliability patterns that help you use microservices to isolate failures in your applications.
By the end of this Learning Path, you'll have the skills necessary to build enterprise-ready applications using microservices.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Hands-On Microservices with Node.js by Diogo Resende
- Microservices Development Cookbook by Paul Osman
What you will learn
- Use Docker and Swarm for continuous deployment and scaling
- Build and deploy cloud-native microservices and avoid vendor lock-in
- Explore different service architectures such as Hydra and Seneca
- Create services that don't impact users upon failure
- Monitor your services to perform debugging and create observable systems
- Develop fast and reliable deployment pipelines
- Manage multiple environments for your services
- Simplify the local development of microservice-based systems
Who this book is for
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours