Editor: Packt Publishing
Enhance your skills in building scalable infrastructure for your cloud-based applications
- Learn to design a scalable architecture by building continuous integration (CI) pipelines with Kubernetes
- Get an in-depth understanding of role-based access control (RBAC), continuous deployment (CD), and observability
- Monitor a Kubernetes cluster with Prometheus and Grafana
Kubernetes is among the most popular open-source platforms for automating the deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, providing a container-centric infrastructure.
Hands-On Microservices with Kubernetes starts by providing you with in-depth insights into the synergy between Kubernetes and microservices. You will learn how to use Delinkcious, which will serve as a live lab throughout the book to help you understand microservices and Kubernetes concepts in the context of a real-world application. Next, you will get up to speed with setting up a CI/CD pipeline and configuring microservices using Kubernetes ConfigMaps. As you cover later chapters, you will gain hands-on experience in securing microservices, and implementing REST, gRPC APIs, and a Delinkcious data store. In addition to this, you'll explore the Nuclio project, run a serverless task on Kubernetes, and manage and implement data-intensive tests. Toward the concluding chapters, you'll deploy microservices on Kubernetes and learn to maintain a well-monitored system. Finally, you'll discover the importance of service meshes and how to incorporate Istio into the Delinkcious cluster.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained the skills you need to implement microservices on Kubernetes with the help of effective tools and best practices.
What you will learn
- Understand the synergy between Kubernetes and microservices
- Create a complete CI/CD pipeline for your microservices on Kubernetes
- Develop microservices on Kubernetes with the Go kit framework using best practices
- Manage and monitor your system using Kubernetes and open-source tools
- Expose your services through REST and gRPC APIs
- Implement and deploy serverless functions as a service
- Externalize authentication, authorization and traffic shaping using a service mesh
- Run a Kubernetes cluster in the cloud on Google Kubernetes Engine
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, DevOps engineers, or anyone who wants to develop large-scale microservice-based systems on top of Kubernetes. If you are looking to use Kubernetes on live production projects or want to migrate existing systems to a modern containerized microservices system, then this book is for you. Coding skills, together with some knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud concepts will be useful.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours