Technologies and Applications for a New Age of Intelligence
Auteur: Karnouskos, Stamatis
Auteur: Holler, Jan
Editeur: Elsevier Science
Internet of Things: Technologies and Applications for a New Age of Intelligence outlines the background and overall vision for the Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), as well as associated emerging technologies. Key technologies are described including device communication and interactions, connectivity of devices to cloud-based infrastructures, distributed and edge computing, data collection, and methods to derive information and knowledge from connected devices and systems using artificial intelligence and machine learning. Also included are system architectures and ways to integrate these with enterprise architectures, and considerations on potential business impacts and regulatory requirements.
New to this edition: ? Updated material on current market situation and outlook. ? A description of the latest developments of standards, alliances, and consortia. More specifically the creation of the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) and its architecture and reference documents, the creation of the Reference Architectural Model for Industrie 4.0 (RAMI 4.0), the exponential growth of the number of working groups in the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), the transformation of the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) to OMA SpecWorks and the introduction of OMA LightweightM2M device management and service enablement protocol, the initial steps in the specification of the architecture of Web of Things (WoT) by World Wide Consortium (W3C), the GS1 architecture and standards, the transformation of ETSI-M2M to oneM2M, and a few key facts about the Open Connectivity Forum (OCF), IEEE, IEC/ISO, AIOTI, and NIST CPS. ? The emergence of new technologies such as distributed ledgers, distributed cloud and edge computing, and the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence for IoT. ? A chapter on security, outlining the basic principles for secure IoT installations. ? New use case description material on Logistics, Autonomous Vehicles, and Systems of CPS
- Standards organizations covered: IEEE, 3GPP, IETF, IEC/ISO, Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC), ITU-T, GS1, Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), Open Mobile Alliance (OMA, e.g. LightweightM2M), Object Management Group (OMG, e.g. Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)), oneM2M, Open Connectivity Forum (OCF), W3C
- Key technologies for IoT covered: Embedded systems hardware and software, devices and gateways, capillary networks, local and wide area networking, IoT data management and data warehousing, data analytics and big data, complex event processing and stream analytics, control systems, machine learning and artificial intelligence, distributed cloud and edge computing, and business process and enterprise integration.
- In-depth security solutions for IoT systems
- Technical explanations combined with design features of IoT and use cases, which help the development of real-world solutions
- Detailed descriptions of the architectures and technologies that form the basis of IoT
- Clear examples of IoT use cases from real-world implementations such as Smart Grid, Smart Buildings, Smart Cities, Logistics and Participatory Sensing, Industrial Automation, and Systems of CPS
- Market perspectives, IoT evolution, and future outlook
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours