Editeur: Packt Publishing
An expert guide to helping you use DevOps techniques with the latest GitLab version to optimize and manage your software workflow
- Delve into GitLab's architecture, and install and configure it to fit your environment
- Learn about the underlying principles of Agile software development and DevOps
- Explore Gitlab's features to manage enterprise cloud-native applications and services
GitLab is an open source repository management and version control toolkit with functions for enterprises and personal software projects. It offers configurability options, extensions, and APIs that make it an ideal tool for enterprises to manage the software development life cycle.
This book begins by explaining GitLab options and the components of the GitLab architecture. You will learn how to install and set up GitLab on-premises and in the cloud, along with understanding how to migrate code bases from different systems, such as GitHub, Concurrent Versions System, Team Foundation Version Control, and Subversion. Later chapters will help you implement DevOps culture by introducing the workflow management tools in GitLab and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD). In addition to this, the book will guide you through installing GitLab on a range of cloud platforms, monitoring with Prometheus, and deploying an environment with GitLab. You'll also focus on the GitLab CI component to assist you with creating development pipelines and jobs, along with helping you set up GitLab runners for your own project. Finally, you will be able to choose a high availability setup that fits your needs and helps you monitor and act on results obtained after testing.
By the end of this book, you will have gained the expertise you need to use GitLab features effectively, and be able to integrate all phases in the development process.
What you will learn
- Install GitLab on premises and in the cloud using a variety of configurations
- Conduct data migration from the SVN, TFS, CVS, and GitHub platforms to GitLab
- Use GitLab runners to develop different types of configurations in software development
- Plan and perform CI/CD by using GitLab features
- Monitor and secure your software architecture using Prometheus and Grafana
- Implement DevOps culture by introducing workflow management tools in GitLab
Who this book is for
If you are a software developer, DevOps professional, or any developer who wants to master GitLab for productive repository management in your day-to-day tasks, this book is for you. Basic understanding of the software development workflow is assumed.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours