Auteur: Davidson, Louis
Auteur: Hirt, Allan
Editeur: Packt Publishing
Learn how to combine SQL Server's analytics with Azure's flexibility and hybrid connectivity to achieve industry-leading performance and manageability for your cloud database.
- Understand platform availability for SQL Server in Azure
- Explore the benefits and deployment choices offered by SQL IaaS
- Get to grips with deploying SQL Server on the Linux development ecosystem
Deploying SQL Server on Azure virtual machines allows you to work on full versions of SQL Server in the cloud without having to maintain on-premises hardware. The book begins by introducing you to the SQL portfolio in Azure and takes you through SQL Server IaaS scenarios, before explaining the factors that you need to consider while choosing an OS for SQL Server in Azure VMs. As you progress through the book, you'll explore different VM options and deployment choices for IaaS and understand platform availability, migration tools, and best practices in Azure. In later chapters, you'll learn how to configure storage to achieve optimized performance. Finally, you'll get to grips with the concept of Azure Hybrid Benefit and find out how you can use it to maximize the value of your existing on-premises SQL Server.
By the end of this book, you'll be proficient in administering SQL Server on Microsoft Azure and leveraging the tools required for its deployment.
What you will learn
- Choose an operating system for SQL Server in Azure VMs
- Use the Azure Management Portal to facilitate the deployment process
- Verify connectivity and network latency in cloud
- Configure storage for optimal performance and connectivity
- Explore various disaster recovery options for SQL Server in Azure
- Optimize SQL Server on Linux
- Discover how to back up databases to a URL
Who this book is for
SQL Server on Azure VMs is for you if you are a developer, data enthusiast, or anyone who wants to migrate SQL Server databases to Azure virtual machines. Basic familiarity with SQL Server and managed identities for Azure resources will be a plus.
Présent dans 0dossiers publics
Présent dans 0dossiers privés
Etagères de cours